What Else Can I Eat?
A lot of dudes are clueless about what to eat besides meat once their junk food is taken away from them. I’ve said it before, you build your arms in the kitchen, so maybe it’s time to learn to cook a little. Or maybe you just need some ideas about what to eat that won’t kill you and make you a fat slob.
- Brown rice is a complex carbohydrate that your body can use slowly. It can even help boost growth hormone levels, according to some studies.
- Beets contain nutrients that help with liver function and joint repair. They’re great if you’re lifting a lot.
- Oranges can help with endurance when eaten before a workout. The sugar is easily broken down and gives you valuable energy along with vitamin C and other nutrients.
- Quinoa is a slow-digesting carb that has been linked to an increase in GF-1 levels, which can help build lean muscle and support overall growth.
- Spinach contains glutamine, which helps build muscle. Remember Popeye?
- Greek yogurt is packed with protein and a reasonable amount of carbs.
- Apples contain polyphenols that help burn fat.
- Sprouted whole grain bread is a complete protein with amino acids that are essential for muscle growth.
Going to the gym and eating right can be challenging, but once you get into the routine of doing it, you should start to see some serious results pretty quickly. Sure, you may stumble and have a bag of hot Cheetos and a nap once in a while, but really, that’s okay, even if I will make fun of you for it.
Keep up with your routine, in the kitchen and the gym and you will build those biceps and get the body you want.